Sunday, January 18, 2009

Today is Sunday. I have had a very full heart today. As I look at my life and the blessings my Father in Heaven has extended I am amazed.

I am grateful to live in the United States. I am grateful for freedom. Although I have never had the opportunity to visit or reside in a country that isn't "free" I have a deep gratitude for mine. I am grateful for the many lives that have been given so my family, and yours, can enjoy that freedom.

I am grateful for the knowledge that we all have a loving Father in Heaven. I look at my children and wonder how we have been entrusted with these delicate and precious little spirits. It really is true that we experience greater depth of love and understanding as we endure the challenges of our life.

Many of you know of the difficulties we have had with our son, Vosco. I look over the last several years and my heart aches because of the many mistakes we have made as his parents. At the same time, my heart rejoices at the growth we have experienced as we received much needed help from West Ridge Academy. For those of you who haven't seen or been around Vosco in the last few years, you will be amazed at his growth and his ability to adapt! He is truly a joy to be with. I pray that the mistakes of my past and present will not impede his continued growth and strength as a child of God.

As the song says,
"When the wind will set me racing as my journey nears its end, and the path I'll be retracing when I'm homeward bound again. Bind me not to the pasture, chain me not to the plow, set me free to find my calling... and I'll return to you somehow." That really is our goal. To overcome the natural man, the influence of our environment and return to our Father at the end of that journey. It is my prayer that I can be the mother that leads the way for my children... not the mother that holds them back from growth and increased faith.

3 comments:

Tamari said...

Well put!! Thanks for posting your thoughts on this awesome Sunday. I feel the same way about all that you shared. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a great Sunday. I loved listening to that song when I was at your home. I really thought it was a CD playing. You have such an awesome voice and truly are gifted.Thank you, thank you for your hospitality. We will always be grateful.

Nola said...

What beautiful thoughts. I love the song "Homeward Bound" also. I am also grateful for the privilege of having you for a friend.