Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Life in Logan...

I know, it has been forever since I have updated the blog. Honestly, I was waiting for things to solidify and ultimately calm down. Since that seems to be a fultile hope (and I am not complaining) I will update you all now.

Since my last post my show, You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown has opened. We have had half of our performances thus far and it seems to be going well. Audiences seem to enjoy it very much and that is always a great feeling.

Immediately after my show opened I began a two week certification process for my Level II in Orff Schulwerk. This is a method of teaching music, instrumentation and movement that was developed by Carl Orff. In some states this certification is just as valuable as an actual degree. Not so much in Utah. However, it has vastly improved my teaching and my ability to provide a well rounded music education for my students. Level II is much more difficult than I had anticipated but it feels good to stretch my musical brain.

Our family (Reed, Ruby and I) are going to Star Valley, WY for the 4th of July. I am so excited. Playing with my family makes me happier than anything else! It doesn't hurt that Wyoming has such AWESOME fireworks available for the average Joe! IT IS SO MUCH FUN!

Vosco is in American Fork for his treatment program. We don't know when we can see him but we can talk to him for 15 minutes on Sundays.

Ruby just spent a wonderful week with her "Aunt" Aria. SHE HAD A BALL!!! She can't stop talking about the fun they had putting water and shampoo on the trampoline and then sliding all over it. Just the mental image made me giggle.

Although it has been nice to be "distracted" by theatre and Orff, I am looking forward to spending some quality time at home with my cute little family.

I hope you all know how very much we appreciate your love and support. WE FEEL YOUR PRAYERS! We will be OK in time. I have to trust that all will be well.

No comments: