Friday, April 10, 2009

No news, Easter and Conference

Well, here it is, Friday and no news from the hospital. Yesterday I went into the hospital at 9:30 to take my "Radioactive Iodine" pills. At 1:45 I went back to the hospital and they checked my radiation levels in my neck and my thigh.... then took some pictures of my thyroid from the front and sides. I returned at 9AM today for some more radiation level checks. This is called a "Thyroid Uptake and Scan." I was REALLY hopeful that the radiologist would have time to read the scans today so I wouldn't have to go through the weekend without any information.

No such luck.

Tomorrow we are hosting an Easter Egg Hunt in our yard for the neighborhood. Ruby informed me the other day that we were doing that. So, I am the official Easter Bunny for about 15 kids! Sweet!

It was so nice to be able to sing in General Conference. These last three months I have been on leave have really made me miss the choir! I wish everyone could experience Conference the way you do when you are in the choir. I can't really explain it.... but to share the stand with all of those leaders is something else. You cannot deny the spirit and its power. You cannot deny the power of the Holy Priesthood when sitting there witnessing this firsthand.

I am so grateful for the opportunity to sing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Every time I rehearse or perform is another opportunity to bear witness of truth - and I love that!

I miss my cute parents horribly.
I would have loved to have been in the choir while my parents were still alive. It would have meant so much to my Mom and Dad to see me doing that work. I know, I know, they can see me now just like they could when they were alive... it is just different. I would have liked to share this experience with them firsthand. You are never old enough to be without your parents.

I had an experience the other day at work. A little second grader told me that his Mommy had died. (She died of a drug overdose...) I told him how very sorry I was for him and told him that I had lost my Mommy, too. A few days later he came up to me and told me that the funeral was really hard. "They made me cry so hard I thought I was going to throw up!", he said. I hugged him tight and told him I was so sorry. I said that if he EVER needed to talk to someone or just to let his frustration out, I would be there for him. I also said that anytime he needed a hug, he could come to me. He looked up at me and said, "Ok, I will probably be back after lunch." He most certainly was..... 7 is just too young to lose a Mommy. I thought it was rough at 28!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh wow. That is just about the most adorable thing ever! I want to give that child a big hug too! I miss my Daddy so much sometimes. I still dream about him at least two or three times a week. I was so happy to see you singing at Conference. I can only imagine what that was like. And I am sorry that you have to wait for your health news. That is one of the worst things ever!

SAYDA said...

Oh that little story made me bawl. How sad is that?

I can understand all the things you want to share with your parents in this life. I know they can see you sing but there is just something about sharing it with them right now. We love seeing you and knowing you're in the choir. We love you so much Edye and hope and pray all goes well with your testing.