Friday, April 24, 2009

Blessings come in all packages

I have to say this: Even in your darkest night there are blessings awaiting you. Yep, this has been just about the most difficult and horrendous week I have ever experienced. However, I can't deny the peace I have been given, the love expressed by family and close friends and the immense love from Heavenly Father.

I went to choir rehearsal last night already fatigued and basically spent. I asked for an appointment with President Christensen, (Mr. Mac - the suit guy). I told him everything that had transpired over the last week as well as the history I had been given. He listened quietly. After I was finished, he patted my arm and said, "Your children are so blessed to have parents that love them so completely." I asked him for a blessing and he gave me a beautiful blessing with powerful guidance and promises.

For the first time in days, my heart was at peace. I felt the broken parts heal a bit and have confidence that my Father in Heaven will guide Reed and I through this. I was promised that all those who are chosen to work with our children would be led by the hand of God.

I will not share the very personal details of our family's struggle in such a public forum. Know that we feel your prayers. We feel your love. We feel your support.

This, too, shall pass and our little family unit will be stronger than we ever thought possible. My Father in Heaven sent these little spirits into our home - as well as the challenges that would come with them.

We love you.

5 comments:

kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kim said...

Edye
I want you to know I love you and your sweet family You have been in My prayers and thoughts. And I truly believe that prayers have the power to heal our hearts and bless us to make it through. You are an inspiration to me. I am truly awed by your faith and strength. Please let us know if we can do anything to help.
Love Ya
Kim

SAYDA said...

I am so happy that you are feeling better. Please know that you and your family are constantly in our prayers and that we love you so much. We are so thankful for every thing you have done for us.

Tamari said...

I love you Edye! I too am amazed at the love my Father in Heaven has for me! I am so happy to hear that you have found some peace at this time. You and your family are in our prayers!! :)

SAYDA said...

Hi Miss Ruby! I heard you're spending time with us this summer!!! We can't wait!