Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Has it been a long time, or what?

Wow, it has been nearly forever since I have added anything to our blog.

Life in the Wagstaff household is progressing and even extremely humorous at times! We are preparing to go to Nauvoo in March. After much thought and prayer, we decided it best if we take Ruby with us to Nauvoo. We feel like it is a good opportunity to share the wonderful history of our church with our little girl. It will be especially fun because NONE of us have ever been there and are eager to experience the spiritual feast that awaits us!

Our Holiday Season was fun. We just hung out at home for the most part. We had a wonderful visit with Vosco on Christmas Eve. We made little gift packages for each of the boys in the home so nobody would feel left out. It was very basic stuff, but they were genuinely appreciative of the gift.

Vosco is struggling a great deal. I would ask this: If you pray, please exercise your faith in his behalf. He is in need of much love, support and encouragement. He is feeling rather mired down and his ability to progress is seriously hampered by his depression.

This is truly Vosco's last chance. He either progresses in this program or he is placed in a lock-down facility where he will stay until he ages out of the system. Although they are supposed to get "therapy" while in a lock-down facility, they really don't. I would ask you to be specific in your prayers. Help him to desire to comply with rules. Help him to know his Saviour and live worthy of the Holy Ghost. Help him to see the benefits of obedience and that he will grow stronger if he just follows the rules.

I don't want to blame anything for his behavior or choices, but they have taken him off of ALL of his Bi-Polar medications, stating that they make him tired. He NEEDS to be properly medicated. Please pray that they will do what is right for him and his chemistry.

We don't have any decision making power in his treatment because he is technically in the custody of the state.

In other areas, our life is good. Lots of opportunities for growth, for sure! It has been decided that they will not have a "Musical Director" for the Old Lyric Repertory Company this year. (This would have been my 18th year with them) So, I am unemployed for the Summer. Ruby may hate me before this Summer is over! :0)

I have a heart filled with gratitude though. The minute I knew I would be unemployed for the Summer I prayed for more students so I could make up some of the financial loss. Each week I pick up another student or two, so I think we should be OK! Isn't that wonderful?

Reed had the opportunity to work the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert this year. He was Mr. David McCullough's personal stage manager! Woot Woo! It was truly a blessing for Reed to be so closely associated with him during that week. Reed has a cherished new friend!

Ruby is loving her teacher at school so much. She insists that Mrs. Crittenden is the best teacher EVER!!! I am pretty certain she is right. We love Mrs. C! Ruby has also started taking piano lessons. She is in tumbling, too. We are amazed at her limber body! She can practically fold in half backwards! She is so gifted in the whole sports arena. Both Reed and I have no idea what that would feel like! We just watch her in utter awe.

I hope this little missive finds you all well and happy! We love and appreciate ALL OF YOU!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Will pray for you and your family! Way to go Ruby! I think she will LOVE tumbling! I always wanted to do that, but wasn't very good at it.

Tamari said...

Thanks for the update. So good to hear about everyone. Your family will be in out prayers. I am excited for you to go to Navuoo, it is amazing! Can't wait to hear of your experiences there. :)

Tamari said...

"our" prayers...I am sure you got that, but man, typos are a pet peeve for me. haha

vosco neal wagstaff said...

thank you mom for leting me read this blog i love you so much.