Saturday, March 12, 2011

Marching into Spring. I hope.

I have entered the world of the iPhone. I LOVE THAT WORLD! I have an LDS Scripture application that has all the scriptures, General Conference talks for the last two years, manuals, hymnals and a bunch of other stuff that make me smile. The best part is that I can LISTEN to my scriptures instead of just reading them! LOVE IT!

We just finished a wonderful recording session with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Recording session week is long, tiring and wonderful all at the same time. The CD that will be released next year is going to be wonderful. Some gorgeous, uplifting and thought provoking pieces.

We are going to Nauvoo again in just over a week. My topic is difficult for me this year. "Standing for Truth and Righteousness while Maintaining and Building Tolerance and Love for ALL Men." There is a plethora of information out there. It is just finding the best way to present it all that seems to be a daunting task. One thing is certain, I have read, pondered and prayed SOOO much that there MUST be some worthwhile information absorbed into that thing I call a brain. It has always been in my heart. Getting it out with crystal clear clarity is the challenge I am facing.

We are driving out to Nauvoo instead of flying. If any of you wonderful people out there have any suggestions of good places to go or stay, please enlighten me! It is kind of a long drive. 21 hours or so. We would like to make it in two and a half or three day on the way out and then two days to come home. ANY suggestions are welcome.


1 comment:

gwen said...

Hi, Edie--you might be undeestimating the time it will take, unless you plan to drive 24/7 It took us about 4 days to get to Kalamazoo, Michigan. We probably traveled 8-10 hours a day. How wonderful that you are a public speaker, and a good one at that! It must be a great exprience to be in the Tabernacle Choir and be a public speaker in the church!